POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Again Minimalism : Re: Again Minimalism Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Again Minimalism
From: Jim Charter
Date: 19 Jul 2005 11:04:22
Message: <42dd1676$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Following a different track in the quest of minimalism, I came up with this.
>
> Thomas

It's a beautiful image and I think it hints at how the text and its
message have become iconic.  I find the color slightly problematic in a
couple of ways.  First, classic minimalists inlucing Mies ( I think )
would have eschewed color.  Unless it appeared either sufficiently
"lurid" or else sufficiently "industrial" in the case of some.  But it
is not clear that you are trying to mimic a classicly minimal art piece.
  But then there is my second objection.  I just don't like the bluish
grays at top and bottom all that much.  It's okay, I just wonder if some
other choice might work better. I do understand that you are probably
quoting the idea of the three primaries. But I think a harmony along a
single axis ie green/red or blue/yellow  might work better.

But all in all, I like the "take".  It seems to echo a lot of the themes
from the minimalism era.